A Weekend in Paradise

And there goes my weekend!

I started my weekend probably a little early… I started it Thursday, and I started it by a trip going to the Manila Domestic Airport and a flight going to Kalibo, Aklan. This weekend is my much awaited trip to Boracay Island. I am spending a weekend there with some former colleagues and good friends. I have heard a lot of good things about Boracay and I have been wanting to see its exquisite beauty, why so many people are drawn to its powdery like white sand.

We arrived at Kalibo International Airport a little past 8 in the morning and we are on time. Kudos to Cebu Pacific for a safe and on time flight. We hailed a van that would transport us to Tabon Port since the boats bound to Boracay island can not use Jetty Port because of the weather. And so my Boracay adventure began Thursday morning!

The trip would have been perfect except for "Cosme". He visited the Philippines in a less more appropriate timing, although it was not raining in Boracay, but the sun also eluded the island, and that being said, we just have to make the most of our weekend getaway. Occasional light rain showers but nevertheless, I have had a great time. Nothing beats a weekend in the beach.

Manila Domestic Airport, 6:55AM

as we look for our first lunch in Boracay, we head for D'Mall.


it was a long walk to Friday's so might as well make the most of it... STRIKE A POSE!


gaging on the beach...

Khae, Wiley, Lui, Diane and Chad

Camwhores


Chillin at Hey Jude!



It was one of the shortest long weekend I have ever had, if only we can stay a little longer... but we figured that the island is not going anywhere. My weekend was a blast! I wonder if I can share a weekend here with someone special, it would be nice for sure.

I am now back in the metro, and gone back to my old routine. As I face the daily challenges as a struggling yuppie, I can look forward to those weekends I'd be spending in Boracay! I will definitely come back soon! =)

0 comments: