An early christmas treat

Two nights ago, I was able to go home early and finally had the time to go online and catch up with friends in facebook and yahoo messenger. I was harvesting my crops in Farmville when a good friend started chatting with me in YM.

The good friend is now in Singapore, he left just this November for work. He's actually with the friend I met up with when I visited the country last September, we've been friends for more than 6 years now, together with a couple more guys.

The good friend was obviously smitten by the beauty of Singapore the same way as I was when I was there. He only have good words to describe the city. Well at least for now. Hehehe! But I doubt if that would change, I only have good words for Singapore myself. I was really envious that they are having a great time and I wanted so bad to be there. They kept saying that I better book my tickets to be with them. I want to, but I don't think I have the means.

They said that there's going to be a new year party at my friends place since they can't really use fireworks on new year's eve. A party that is to be attended by his filipino friends, by this time, I was already dead envious. I could just imagine how much fun it would be if we were all there. Nothing beats the company of really good friends.

My connection was acting up so I had to disconnect, and I had a hard time connecting back again. I just resorted to watching TV and shutting down my laptop.

As I prepare myself to sleep, I received a phone call from an overseas number. I found out that it was my two good friends from Singapore calling asking for my full name and my address and my birthdate. Next thing I heard was that they were booking my flight to Singapore to spend my new year there, and they are shoulering my tickets. I was dumbfounded to say the least, I don't know what to say, I keep thinking if I could file for a Vacation Leave. They said my flight would be December 31 to Singapore and January 6 going back. I will be spending 7 days in SG.

The next day, I saaw myself talking to my boss asking permission to have a vacation early January to give way to my friends. I had to let go of my desire to buy a new phone to give way to this trip. No regrets though because I really like Singapore plus the fact that I will be spending the new year with two of my closest friends.

So as I bid the 2009 goodbye, I will welcome 2010 with good friends in the city of the merlions. Cheers to that!

0 comments: