Eraserheads Live: The Final Set

Friday night, around 1130PM, a friend texted me asking if I'd want to accompany her in watching "Eraserheads Live: The Final Set" in MOA the night after. I cannot reaaly say that I am a HUGE fan of Eheads but I have always liked them, I maybe not the biggest fan they have but I am a fan nevertheless.

Eraserheads is probably one of the best, if not "the best", rock band in the history of Original Pinoy Music. You can say that they are probably "the Beatles" of the Philippines. But as the old saying goes, evrything good or bad, must come to an end.

As the band sang thier marvelous hits through thier used to be frontman Ely Buendia, you can't help but be nostalgic... As I sang along with them, I feel sad and happy at the same time. Sad in a way that it has finally come to an end, and happy that I was there to hear them play for the last time.

I had goosebumps all over!

"At ngayon
Di pa rin alam
Kung ba't tayo nandito
Puwede bang itigil muna
Ang pag-ikot ng mundo"


As the band sang thier last song for the night, the infamous "Ang Huling El Bimbo", and as fireworks lit the night sky, Ely set to fire the famous "Sticker Happy" organ with a lighter fluid... it was indeed thier Final Set!

And then there they were.... The Eraserheas!

"Forever would be fine"

0 comments: